1st & 2nd Grade Supply List (2020 - 2021)
- LARGE Pencil Box
- 1 Box of Crayons
- 1 Package Colored Pencils
- 2 Packages Washable Markers (fine tip, regular tip)
- 1 Package Good Quality #2 Pencils
- 1 Pink Eraser
- 1 Ruler (Please bring a basic, easy to read ruler, nothing fancy.)
- 1 Scissor (GOOD QUALITY, can be found in the fabric section of store or Jo-Ann's)
- 8 Glue Sticks
- 2 Bottles Elmer's Glue
- 1 Wide Ruled Notebook
- 1 Composition Notebook (Bible Journal)
- Ruled Index Cards (3x5, white, 100 count)
- 1 2" Three Ring Binder with clear plastic pockets, to be used for their scrapbooks
- 1 Package (50 count) clear plastic pocket protector pages, to be used in their scrapbooks
- A full change of clothing (pants, shirt, underwear, socks, mask)
- 2 cloth masks, 3 disposable masks (The cloth masks will be sent home to be cleaned on the weekends. Please be sure they return to school each Monday.)
- 1 Bottle personal size hand sanitizer (This will be for their desks. They will need this at their desks at all times throughout the year, so buying 8-12 bottles now while they are cheaper might be a good idea. Replacement bottles may be sent from home when needed. Only send 1 bottle to school on the first day.)
- Family Picture for our Family Tree (8x10 or 11x14)
- Water Bottle (Please bring a small size so that it will fit under the bathroom sink faucet) This will be sent home daily for washing. There will be no Dixie cups or water pitchers used at snack and no water fountain in the hallway due to Covid.
- House Plant potted in a pot with good drainage (Please bring a medium-large sized plant if possible. We are turning our classroom into a "Nature Room" this year. The more foliage, the better. Also, if your family would like to buy a large Ficus tree or extra large plant, let me know. It would be nice to have a couple really big plants.)
- 1 Small OUTDOOR Blanket (4x4 or 4x6), for outdoor learning time (Mask-Free)
Some Extras Items
In the past, the extra supplies sent to school were put into a general use box or our class to draw from throughout the year. This year, due to Covid, extra supplies will be kept by my and handed out for students to use on an individual basis. Anywhere possible, supplies will be kept to personal use only. We will have to "share in our hearts" this year until we can share with our hands again someday soon!
We will NOT have rest time, so students will NOT need a cuddly or blanket and pillow to rest. This "down time" will be replaced with SSR (Sustained Silent Reading). Students are asked to bring their own snack and water bottle daily for snack time. There will NOT be Dixie cups or water pitchers used for snack time, and the hallway water fountain will be closed. Students may fill up their water bottle in the classroom sink. Water bottles should be small so they fit under the faucet.
We will be pursuing an Outdoor Nature Curriculum that will enable us to be outside as much as possible. With that in mind, please watch the weather closely each day and send your child in appropriate clothing. If it is raining, we will most likely go outside, so they will need rain-boots and raincoat sent. If it is chilly, they will need a coat and hat, warm shoes, etc.. These weather appropriate clothes should be sent with your child daily. Look out your window, check the weather before leaving home and think... "if my child had to be outside all day today what would they need to be happy and comfortable?" Outdoor school is fun and exciting if we are dressed appropriately. There is no such thing as bad weather, just poorly dressed for the weather! I have made an Amazon Wish List for my classroom this year. Any donated items would be greatly appreciated. Some items would be really nice to have by the first day of school if possible. Please let me know if you have any questions. Please return your child's red student Bible and Word Ring to school. We will use them again this year.
*Should you have any questions, please contact me at 320-223-8181