Pre - K & Kindergarten Supply List (2020 - 2021)
- Colored Pencils - 1 Box
- Washable Markers - 2 Sets
- Highlighter - 1 in any color
- Sharpened Pencils - 2
- Pink Rectangular Eraser
- *Scissors (Please buy the highest quality, and size appropriate; Jo-Ann Fabrics and the craft isle at Walmart have good choices.)
- Glue Sticks - 8 Sticks
- Elmer's School Glue - 2 Bottles
- Foam Brushes - Optional Purchase (Assorted Sizes Pack)
- Paint Brushes - Optional Purchase (Assorted Size/Type Pack)
- *Notebook (Wide rule) - 1
- *School Box
- Kleenex Boxes - 2
- *A full change of clothes, including pants, shirt, underwear and socks in a large Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name
- *Water Bottle (Small enough to fit under the bathroom sink faucet) - This will be sent home for a daily washing. There will be no Dixie cups or pitcher used at snack time and no water fountain in the hallway due to Covid.
- Large Bottles of Hand Sanitizer - 2
- Small Outdoor Blanket For Outdoor School (4x4 or 4x6) - 1
Please note that Kindergarten will have a rest time in the afternoon, so if your child would like to have a blanket, pillow or special stuffed animal for this time, they can keep it in their cubby. I will be sending this home at the end of each week to be cleaned.
*Indicates items that should have your child's name written on the back
Please bring all items on the first day of school Your child should have his/her school box ready with the following items in it:
- 2 Sharpened Pencils
- Pink Eraser
- 1 Package of Washable Markers
- 1 Glue Stick
All other items may be brought in plastic bags for general classroom use.
Some extra items. . .
Snack time will look a little different this year due to Covid. I'm asking that you pack a snack for your child and water bottle daily for snack time. Since we will not be using Dixie cups or pitchers for snack time, and the water fountain in the hallway will be closed, it is important that your child has a water bottle that will fit under the bathroom sink faucet.
I would like to incorporate outdoor school. I realize there might be some challenges with this age group and trying to have outdoor school but I'm willing to try my best!
Please know that I'm going to try my best to have the kids follow our Covid guidelines. With that said, I want to make sure everyone knows that this age group thrives and learns on interacting and engaging with their peers. In our PreK/Kindergarten classroom, the heart of learning includes sharing, interactive play, and cooperative lessons. Whenever possible, students will be given their own materials. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.